Thank you to Nya from NyaReads for nominating me for The Starlight Blogger Award 🙂
*I know it says never change the award rules, but I’m adding an extra bit which is already part of the award, but was left out of the rules.
1. Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
2. Answer the 3 original questions and then the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you. Then make your own 3 questions*
3. Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think at the light emanating from the stars the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
4. Please pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
5. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo, never change the 3 original questions, answer that first, then answer the 3 new questions from your nominator, and never change the Award rules.
6. Please don’t delete this note:
The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image, you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award.
Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
The Original Questions
1. If you could meet anyone from throughout history, who and why?
This is so hard. I think I’d want it to be a woman. Maybe my great-grandmother because everybody in my family always talks about her. But I feel like if I was given this chance, I’d need to pick somebody really far back. Maybe Cleopatra? She spoke a shit ton of languages right? I could translate some Greek back & forth enough to gain some wisdom… Or actually maybe Joan of Arc because she’s a bad ass.
2. What is your favourite book and why?
A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. It’s just everything I would want to read or write. The characters are so well developed in such a short amount of space. The stories fit with each other, but stand alone perfectly. It’s like the book has a pulse that times in sync with my own. I’ve never fallen in love with a book so much.
3. Who is your favourite fiction character from any medium and why?
The “from any medium” bit makes this question harder. Maybe Christian from Moulin Rouge. Overly expressive, romantic type, that will shout from rooftops. I love how much he believes in love in a time & place where everybody else is either cynical, realistic, or thinks he’s a fool for doing so. Plus it’s just a damn good movie.
- What’s one book that made you cry?
The one coming to mind right now is Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. Ugh, if you ever had to read that in high-school, & you didn’t cry? I don’t know how you accomplished that. But nostalgia-wise, The Velveteen Rabbit.
- What’s one book cover you’ve fallen in love with?
Jeff Vandermeer’s books, which I’ve never read, but must. They were also on this list. So it’s not just me that thinks this.
- What’s one book that made you laugh?
Honestly, I can’t remember a time I laughed at more than those telephone scenes in Infinite Jest between Hal & Orin. I’m talking like stomach ache cramping laughs. It might’ve just been really late, & I was super giggly, & you just get in one of those moods where you find the smallest things hysterical, but really DFW is just funny as f***.
- Little Blog of Books
- The Wild Red Reader
- The Literary Hellion
- Stacks and Shelves
- The Owl and the Reader
Do you listen to music while you read? Give me some song recommendations. This is more of a command than a question.
What’s a book that you keep meaning to read, but for some reason never do?
Do you have a favorite genre? If you do, what’s your favorite book that really encompasses that genre?