10. Taking the books with you on bathroom breaks. Unsanitary? Probably. Necessary? Yes.
9. Eating unhealthily. Sure you made a salad, a sandwich, & a fruit smoothie, but for some reason the only thing you crave during a readathon is chocolate & chips?
8. Leg cramping/hand cramping. Your legs are asleep & your hands hurt from bending your book open. You the real MVP.
7. Overly alert coffee burst! YOU ARE SO AWAKE BECAUSE YOU OVERPREPARED & DRANK FIVE CUPS OF COFFEE BEFORE THE SECOND HOUR WAS EVEN UP!
6. Tired eyes. Ow my eyes hurt from reading, let’s take a break to stare at the bright light of twitter for thirty minutes to see what people are posting…
5. Anxiety. Should I be entering more challenges? I’m only 50 pages in! I’ll never read all these books in my pile!
4. Annoying pets, friends, family. Yes, cat. That’s exactly where you should plop down. Right on my book. *Phone buzz* Why do I only seem to have friends when I can’t answer them? Where were you yesterday when I was home doing absolutely nothing!?
3. Intense time lapses. WHAT!? It’s 1:00PM already? Last I checked it was 10:00AM… Where did the time go? Did I enter another realm?
2. Community! I made so many new friends today! So many new follows & followers! Dewey retweeted me! YAYYYAYAY