Hello! So I wanted to add a quick post today about an exciting collaboration I’m doing with some fellow book bloggers. Alyssa over at ReadingReadingReading All Day organized a bunch of us to do a book blog where we post about different topics in the book community daily. This has been the first week it’s been up, so feel free to head over there & read everybody’s introductions 🙂
Here’s the cast of booknerds:
Unfortunately yes. Carrides & bus rides require audiobooks only. While trainrides & planerides allow for print books & ebooks.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
There’s a lot. Maya Angelou, DeLillo, Hemingway, Carver…
Mostly older. more classic authors. Their work has had the time & perspective to become more distinct.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter? Giveaway after that previous hard question.
- Better world building
- Better exposition
- Quirkier cast of characters
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
Not a bag specifically designated for books, but I’ll always carry a book in my bag. Normally smaller ones that will fit. Think Franny & Zooey sized.
5. Do you smell your books?
I like the smell, but no, not the first thing I do.
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
Depends on the book. But let’s just say yes.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
That hasn’t really happened to me yet. Most of the time I know it’s not quality writing going in, but I read it anyway because fuck that.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I remember reading PJ The Spoiled Bunny & never really understanding the moral. I’d just imitate him & act like a complete damn brat. Eventually I grew out of that.
9. What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
Howl by Allen Ginsberg
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
A collection of ancient Irish tales
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write for myself, but I’m way too protective over my writing for it to actually be any good. I believe good writing has to be read by many eyes & mine will never see the light of day. I have no authorly aspirations.
12. When did you get into reading?
Senior year of high-school, freshman year of college. I discovered Chuck Palahniuk & had some awesome recommendations from professors.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Too many! I recently read Lord of the Flies though & loved it. So recent favorite.
14. In school what was your best subject, Language Arts/English?
My best subject was Art. But out of the core four, English & Science.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Say I disliked it, depending on who it’s from. It’s more about the gift giver than the gift.
16. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I tend to link a lot of things, so I have about twenty tabs going at once. Not only does this slow my connection, but it also distracts me a lot.
15. What is your favorite word?
I’ve said this before, but ‘tinny.’
16. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
According to this chart, I’m more of a geek.
17. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vamps. Of all kinds.
18. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I don’t know many shapeshifter stories, so probably angels.
19. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. As in liquor.
20. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampire zombies. Because they’re basically dead anyway.
21. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love. But really it just depends on if it’s done well or not.
22. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed with a few love scenes! But again, it depends. If it’s done well, I don’t have a preference.
I tag these guys:
But also whoever wants to do this tag!