The Liebster Award is a chain award that was created by bloggers, and is a tradition to make new friends in the blogging community. I was nominated by Khloud from A Bookworm’s Ramblings, Summer from xingsings, & sherlockianbooklover. Thank you guys 🙂 Rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Since 22 questions is a lot I narrowed it down to 15 combined from the two nominators.
- If you could pick the era and place in which you were born, what would you pick?
I’d like to live in the late 1960s to early 1970s. New York City. Not much of a stretch from current times, but I think it’d be a lot more fun. Good music, different standards.
2. If you were to choose any place on earth to visit, where would you go, and why?
I’ve always wanted to go to Nimbin, New South Wales. But really anywhere warm. Cannes was really pretty, but I’d want somewhere new.
3. What’s your favorite book?
A Visit from the Goon Squad is my recent favorite. The Velveteen Rabbit is my favorite children’s book. Harry Potter series will always be special to me, also Weetzie Bat, Peter Pan, Perks of Being a Wallflower, & Where the Wild Things Are. Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, Close to the Knives by Wojnarowicz, Infinite Jest by DFW, & The Diary by Palahniuk. Also anything by Barthelme or Ben Loory. There’s probably more, but these are the tops that come to mind.
4. Which fictional character do you feel resembles you the most?
That changes day to day, but today I’m feeling an Alaska Young vibe. Read that how you will.
5. If you were to change one thing in the world, what would it be?
Diseases & natural causes we can’t change. But we can change how we act toward each other.
6. What is one thing you would eat no matter how full you are, in other words, favorite food?
Seafood. Any kind.
7. What’s your favorite word?
“tinny” “cortina” “balter” & “bungalow”
8. What’s your favorite website?
YouTube & Reddit, but Netflix if that counts.
9. How has your day been? 🙂
Long! But satisfying. #phrasing. (for fellow Archer fans)
10. Tea or coffee? (Or other?)
Both! But it must have caffeine.
11. What is your favorite song at the moment?
I’m going through all The Shins’ albums. Plus I love the version of Heroes from the Game of Thrones trailer.
12. Have you read/seen Harry Potter? If so, what is your patronus? If you haven’t read/seen HP, what is your spirit animal?
Of course! I’d like a Pegasus. Is Pegasus available?
13. What’s something you’re not good at but enjoy doing anyway?
Singing. I can not sing. But I will continue to belt songs out of my car window at you when we stop at red lights.
14. There is going to be a zombie unicorn apocalypse. The closest thing to you is your weapon. What is it and how would you use it to defend yourself?
Haha, I’m sorry, I’m running out of questions.
My Puppy! Ody, attack! He’s obviously vicious. I feel so safe.
15. Out of curiosity, what do you think of my blog thus far (or me, hehe)? (I answered this for both of you guys)
For Summer, I love it! The Top Ten Tuesdays is great. I liked the post where you mention your favorites you’ve read from the last three years because East of Eden is perfection.
For Khloud.I figured I should answer this one for you too, I love your blog! Your review of The Humans made me want to go & buy it.
The Next 11 Nominees: Book High Alice and the Books Frayed Spines Strange & Unorthodox amandainpa honyasbookshelf The Perks of Being a Bibliophile Book Lover The Wanderlust Reader fandomsontherun The last nomination I’m leaving open for whoever comes across this & wants to be nominated. The Next 11 Questions:
- What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
- What artists or bands do you currently love?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- Favorite book? (You can choose more than one)
- Favorite quotes?
- It’s the end of the world! The only people left are you, the main actor/actress from the last movie you watched, your least favorite book character, & your favorite dead artist (writer, musician, what have you). Will you guys be okay?
- Puppy sized elephant or elephant sized puppy?
- Pick one: a boat, a castle, a cottage, or a rocket. Make up a reason why.
- Do you ship any characters? Or hate a ship?
- If money was of no concern, what would be the next thing you buy?
- What’s the nicest thing anybody has ever done for you?
Hope this was fun for you!